The Future 15 awards have been presented annually since 2011 to individuals aged 40 and under who live and work in the Fox Cities – defined as Outagamie County, Calumet County, and Northern Winnebago County. Nominations were solicited this summer, and applications were reviewed in September by a committee comprised of past Future 15 honorees, Pulse Young Professionals Network committee members, as well as Fox Cities community leaders.
This year’s honorees include:
• Vaya Lauren Jones – Social Determinants of Health Lead & District 10 Alderperson – ThedaCare and City of Appleton
• Kristen Gondek – Executive Director – People of Progression
• Nick Ross – Advocate – Diverse & Resilient
• Mike Slowinski – Superintendent – Kaukauna Area School District
• Jacob Martin – High School Band Director – Kaukauna Area School District
• Katie Kleman – Product Specialist – Miller Electric
• Meghan Cash – Community Resource Unit Supervisor and Public Information Officer – Appleton Police Department
• Amanda Chavez – Owner and Publisher – Go Valley Kids (Wisco Fam)
• Tom Lee – IT Supervisor – SECURA Insurance Company
• Elizabeth Blohm – Marketing Manager – Miron Construction Co., Inc.
• Scott Jensen – Sales Manager – Hosking Insurance Agency, Inc.
• Seth Merrill – Director of Business Development – Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
• Joshua Hopkins – Behavioral Health Officer – Outagamie County Sheriff’s Office
• Jennifer Busch – Senior Service and Program Specialist – Community First Credit Union
• Teresa Knuth – Commercial Real Estate Advisor – NAI Pfefferle
The 2022 Young Professional of the Year will also be honored: Ryan Lonergan, Veteran Advocate, Podcast Host of Fragout Podcast, and owner of Wisconsin Veteran, LLC. The YP of the Year, a past Future 15 recipient, is recognized for his or her continued growth and development in the areas of professional achievement, volunteer involvement, community impact, leadership, and character.
The Fox Cities has thousands of young professionals who excel not only within their respective places of employment but also give back to our community in innumerable ways. These professionals shine new light on their diverse fields and positively influence our quality of life in the Fox Cities, an influence that plays an integral role in attracting and retaining talent in the area. Future 15 recipients are selected based on their professional dedication, strong sense of vision for the future of the Fox Cities and personal commitment to philanthropy in the community they call home and beyond. Pulse Young Professionals Network, a program of the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce, will honor the top 15 Young Professionals on Thursday, December 1st, 2022. Tickets are available through Nov. 23.
Future 15 selection criteria:
- Live or work in the Fox Cities*
- 40 years of age or younger
- Participation in community service
YP of the Year criteria:
- Past Future 15 honoree
- 40 years of age or younger
- High level of character, integrity, and personal/professional values
- Noteworthy professional achievement and growth
- Demonstrated commitment to serving as a role model for other young professionals
- Continued participation in community service