The Excellence in Education SHINING STAR Awards program recognizes the outstanding achievements of educators in the Fox Cities Region. A skilled workforce of tomorrow relies on high quality education today, and this event will acknowledge and celebrate the unparalleled contributions of educators working and shining in Fox Cities schools, colleges, universities and other educational settings.
These awards are open and available to all individuals who work with students/children, including daycares, preschools, homeschools, public schools, private schools, colleges, etc. from the Fox Cities region, which encompasses Calumet County, Outagamie County, and Northern Winnebago County.
Each award honors a Fox Cities educator who has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to supporting students in and outside of the classroom to enhance the educational experiences and outcomes of students.
Our 2023 recipients are:
- Excellence in Early Childhood: Carol Mallmann, Robin’s Nest Daycare
- Excellence in Elementary Education: Elizabeth Hirschy, Kindergarten, St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception School, Greenville
- Excellence in Middle School Education: Stephani VanRoy, 5th Grade, Little Chute Middle School
- Excellence in High School Education: Rebecca Ludtke, English, Wrightstown High School
- Excellence in Specialty Arts: Jacob Martin, Band, Kaukauna High School
- Excellence in Specialty STEM: Brian Zunker, STEM Biomedical Science, Fox Valley Lutheran High School
- Excellence in Special Education: Sharyn Brum, Special Education, Janet Berry Elementary
- Excellence in Extracurricular Activities: Kyle Kleuskens, Wrestling Coach/Physical Education, Neenah High School
- Excellence in School Administration & Support Staff: Autumn Steif, Reading Specialist, New Directions Learning Community
- Excellence in Higher Education: Tammy Ladwig, Ph.D., Professor of Teaching and Learning, UW-Oshkosh Fox Cities
Additionally, an Educator of the Year winner will be announced the night of the event and will be selected from one of the 10 recipients. This award honors an educator who has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to improving the quality of education in the Fox Cities region and who has an inspiring presence that motivates and influences students, colleagues, and the community.
The Fox Cities Chamber and Regional Partnership are committed to supporting and facilitating education and business partnerships that promote student success, workforce development, and a high quality of life for all residents learning, growing, working and living in the Fox Cities region. We recognize that educators are the preparers of the next generation of leaders and doers, and business/education partnerships are the model for success!
Business Professional Admired