Associate Engineer 1468
The Associate Engineer's purpose is to solve technical problems and develop applicable documentation. The Associate Engineer assists in determining the technical requirements and solving technical issues as they arise within the field of competence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Solve technical issues under the guidance of the department supervision
- Plan and schedule assigned work
- Track and report progress to budget and schedule commitments
- Facilitate communications of issues and solutions throughout MMC
- Prepare, check and issue professional quality deliverables
- Interpret contract requirements
- Develop contract change documents to support the project needs
- Abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
- May be required to lead or participate in product improvement projects
The Associate Engineer does not have supervisor responsibilities but will demonstrates leadership skills that align with the mission, vision, and values of the Company
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree (4 Year Degree) in field of competence (or equivalent) or High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of equivalent experience.
- 0-2 years of experience in the engineering field of competence.
- Must have technological skills (see attachment for specific skills) proven by verifiable and specific work experience, degree, technical publication, or patent issue.
- A working knowledge of standard shipbuilding rules and regulations, as well as the associated regulatory agencies and the review & approval process is a bonus.
- Must have current computer skills relevant to the field of competence.
- Must have ability to work within schedule and budget restraints.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A basic Earned Value Management System competency is a bonus
- Ownership and Accountability
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Business Discipline
- Sense of Urgency
Fincantieri Marinette Marine (FMM) believes it is our responsibility to ensure that each of us works safely and productively, goes home healthy, and considers the environment in their actions, each and every day. Management is committed to providing a safe and healthy work setting, and protecting the environment as a key tenet of our culture and a primary mission. All employees are required to adhere to ISO and OHSAS policies established by FMM and shall have high values for safety awareness and be mindful of environmental impacts associated with each job task.
Fincantieri Marinette Marine offers competitive pay with benefits in a growth-oriented environment. Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply. Apply online at https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/nghome.guid?c=2155013&d=FMGExternal&prc=RMPOD1&r=5000743223206
Fincantieri Marinette Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment. Minorities, Women, Veterans and Disabled are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.