Project Engineer 1345
Individual Project engineers are responsible for coordinating "matrixed" support among the other two main groupings of the Engineering Department: Functional Engineering and Detail Design as well as subcontractors and other assigned FMM personnel. This person will develop project schedules, review proposed changes, develop technical solutions, and correctly estimate the time and effort level (hours and material) associated with new projects and changes. The Project Engineer will generate high level estimates of effort and project duration, and develop progressively higher levels of detail prior authorization and execution. After projects are authorized for implementation, the Project Engineer will be responsible for ensuring tasks are resident in the Engineering Department's integrated schedule, regularly produce reports to status implementation, and drive projects to successful completion.
Project Engineers define the resources required and develop an execution plan for any given requirement assigned to a specific project(s) and the time constraints required to execute. Project Engineers are required to provide regular status on their assigned projects and the specific actions or commitments of the workforce required to execute them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following essential duties satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop specific, task-based plans to execute projects with clearly established Estimated Completion Dates (ECDs) for each task. Ensure project plans are incorporated into the Engineering Department integrated schedule.
- Develop Engineering estimates durations and budgets (hours and material) for a given task or project
- Act as Engineering's representative in the preparation of responses to commercial or government Request For Proposals (RFPs).
- Notify the Manager of Project Engineering of delays and complications to project plan execution, proposing potential solutions in order to recover schedule and budget.
- Attend and potentially lead "as required" meetings to generate resolution of obstacles to assigned or related projects. Participants of these meetings involve a diverse field of participants across a range of shipyard functions such as Program Management, Production, Project Engineering and individual engineers. Meetings may also include participation by other internal and external Engineering customers.
- Attend or lead "As required" meetings which are established and supported with internal engineering and external FMM customers to provide status and assist in assigned project completion.
Indirectly supervises assigned (matrixed) engineering resources responsible for project completion. Carries out project Engineer responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The Project Engineers must have as a minimum a B.S. in any Engineering discipline and at least 5 years of directly applicable Project Engineering or Project Management experience. In lieu of a B.S. degree, applicants must have a High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 10 years of directly applicable Project Engineering or Project Management experience.
- Experience planning and implementing projects with groups of up to 10 people is desired.
- Familiarity with the engineering and design process of marine vessels is desired.
- Familiarity with typical Regulatory Body Requirements associated with the shipbuilding industry (i.e. ABS, 46 CFR, IEEE, and The US Coast Guard) is desired.
- Must be eligible for a Security Clearance (U.S.)
- Personal competencies should include strong time management, complex problem solving, and dispute resolution skills. Additionally, the ability to professionally and formally (via written correspondence) communicate is a prime skill.
- A Project Engineer must have the drive and discipline to monitor, maintain and enforce existing department policies and procedures, as well as develop said procedures as they are required to support new contract project requirements.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suites computer skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- A Project Engineer must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor, particularly in time critical or resource challenged scenarios.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Forehandedness -- the ability to solve problems and implement solutions before the jeopardize project objectives
- Ownership and Accountability
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Business Discipline
- Sense of Urgency
- Hiring, Leading, and Developing Employees
- Continuous Improvement
Performance Leaders will inspire enthusiasm and act as a role model. She/he will develop talented employees with the skills, abilities, competencies and values needed to achieve the Company goals. The Performance Leader will provide timely feedback to employees in a constructive, coaching style, give praise and recognition and deal with performance issues. Performance Leaders will strive for continuous improvement on an individual and group level.
Fincantieri Marinette Marine (FMM) believes it is our responsibility to ensure that each of us works safely and productively, goes home healthy, and considers the environment in their actions, each and every day. Management is committed to providing a safe and healthy work setting, and protecting the environment as a key tenet of our culture and a primary mission. All employees are required to adhere to ISO and OHSAS policies established by FMM and shall have high values for safety awareness and be mindful of environmental impacts associated with each job task.
Fincantieri Marinette Marine offers competitive pay with benefits in a growth-oriented environment. Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply. Apply online at https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/nghome.guid?c=2155013&d=FMGExternal&prc=RMPOD1&r=5000706171006
Fincantieri Marinette Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment. Minorities, Women, Veterans and Disabled are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.