Senior Engineer - Electrical 1256
The Senior Engineer's purpose is to solve technical problems, develop applicable documentation, and supervise all assigned resources to support the assigned project. The Senior Engineer assists the Chief Engineer and Project Engineer in determining the technical requirements of the project, defining resource requirements to achieve schedule and budget commitments, and solving technical issues as they arise within the field of competence.
The Senior Engineer-Electrical will have design oversight of the following:
- System integration of all ship electronics
- Master Control Center Operation
- Steering and propulsion electronics
- Power and lighting
- All ship diagnostics
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following essential duties satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work independently in solving technical issues
- Plan, estimate, schedule and monitor assigned work and the work of assigned resources
- Track and report progress to budget and schedule commitments
- Supervise assigned resources
- Facilitate communications of issues and solutions throughout MMC
- Prepare, check and issue professional quality deliverables
- Interpret contract requirements
- Develop contract change documents to support the project needs
- May be required to define, track and control subcontractor activities
- Abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
The Senior Engineer directly supervises 2 to 15 employees. Supervisory responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the Company's policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. The Senior Engineer also demonstrates leadership skills that align with the mission, vision, and values of the Company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology and 6 years of experience of increasing responsibility in the engineering field of competence.
- This requirement can also be met with an Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology and 8 years of experience of increasing responsibility in the engineering field of competence, or a High School Diploma or GED and 9 years of experience of increasing responsibility in the engineering field of competence.
- Supervisory experience desired.
- Six Sigma or LEAN training desired.
- Must have technological skills proven by verifiable and specific work experience, technical publication, or patent issue.
- Must have a working knowledge of standard shipbuilding rules and regulations, as well as the associated regulatory agencies and the review & approval process.
- Must have current computer skills relevant to the field of competence.
- Must have ability to work within schedule and budget restraints.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A basic Earned Value Management System competency is a bonus
- Ownership and Accountability
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Business Discipline
- Sense of Urgency
- Hiring, Leading, and Developing Employees
- Embrace Culture Change and Improvement
Performance Leaders will inspire enthusiasm and act as a role model. She/he will develop talented employees with the skills, abilities, competencies and values needed to achieve the Company goals. The Performance Leader will provide timely feedback to employees in a constructive, coaching style. The feedback is to give praise & recognition and deal with performance issues.
Fincantieri Marinette Marine (FMM) believes it is our responsibility to ensure that each of us works safely and productively, goes home healthy, and considers the environment in their actions, each and every day. Management is committed to providing a safe and healthy work setting, and protecting the environment as a key tenet of our culture and a primary mission. All employees are required to adhere to ISO and OHSAS policies established by FMM and shall have high values for safety awareness and be mindful of environmental impacts associated with each job task.
Fincantieri Marinette Marine offers competitive pay with benefits in a growth-oriented environment. Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply. Apply online at https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2155013&d=FMGExternal&r=5000691374706#/
Fincantieri Marinette Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment. Minorities, Women, Veterans and Disabled are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.