Foreman - Structural - 3rd Shift 1266
This position is responsible for leading a crew of skilled trade personnel in an area of the manufacturing organization with responsibility for fabrication and/or assembly of product for the construction of ships. The Foreman will oversee safety and security procedures, implements organizational policies and goals, measures performance to budget and supports the management in budget analysis and adherence, assists in production control projects, manages work pack in accordance with production control plan, plans overtime and schedules resources as required, interfaces with management to revise project and facility objectives, understands and works within the union contract requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following essential duties satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Foreman will oversee safety and security procedures.
- Implements organizational policies and goals.
- Measures performance to budget and supports the management in budget analysis and adherence.
- Assists in production control projects.
- Manages work pack in accordance with production control plan.
- Plans overtime and schedules resources as required.
- Interfaces with management to revise project and facility objectives.
- Understands and works within the union contract requirements.
- Must abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
Directly supervises 1 to 30 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Demonstrates leadership skills that align with the mission, vision, and values of the Company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of trade experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing or shipbuilding environment.
- Essential to this position is the ability to lead, direct, coach, and discipline employees in alignment with Company processes, policies, and procedures.
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Business Discipline
- Developing the Best Employees
- Embrace Continuous and Culture
- Ability to read blueprints
- Experience with computer systems such as EVMS, Baan, or a Time and Attendance systems.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office Suites computer skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ownership and Accountability
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Business Discipline
- Sense of Urgency
- Hiring, Leading, and Developing Employees
- Embrace Culture Change and Improvement
Performance Leaders will inspire enthusiasm and act as a role model. She/he will develop talented employees with the skills, abilities, competencies and values needed to achieve the Company goals. The Performance Leader will provide timely feedback to employees in a constructive, coaching style, give praise and recognition and deal with performance issues.
Fincantieri Marinette Marine (FMM) believes it is our responsibility to ensure that each of us works safely and productively, goes home healthy, and considers the environment in their actions, each and every day. Management is committed to providing a safe and healthy work setting, and protecting the environment as a key tenet of our culture and a primary mission. All employees are required to adhere to ISO and OHSAS policies established by FMM and shall have high values for safety awareness and be mindful of environmental impacts associated with each job task.
Fincantieri Marinette Marine offers competitive pay with benefits in a growth-oriented environment. Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply. Apply online at https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2155013&d=FMGExternal&r=5000691871906#/
Fincantieri Marinette Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment. Minorities, Women, Veterans and Disabled are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.