McCain Foods is seeking a Production Management Trainee (PMT) to participate in our manufacturing leadership development program. The successful candidate, starting at an entry level supervision role, will complete a structured development consisting of hands-on learning experiences along with training courses. Through rotational assignments, working with experienced subject matter experts and manufacturing leaders, the PMT will gain valuable insight into all aspects of the manufacturing operations.
The position reports to the Production Manager and will build foundational knowledge of all production functions within our facility including Production and Packaging lines, french fries and specialties. You will also play a key role in driving safety, engagement and results within our plant.
The PMT program exists to strengthen the capability of our plant manufacturing network by building our talent pipeline for critical roles. Achieving valuable manufacturing technical knowledge along with essential leadership experience you will have opportunities to progress to increased roles and/or responsibilities within our manufacturing operations. The program is aimed at providing talented graduates with a strong foundation for understanding McCain’s business to develop into our future leaders for McCain.
WHAT QUALITIES ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN CANDIDATES?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Food Science, or Business
- The ability to lead, train and collaborate with others
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Sound fact based decision making and problem solving skills with a focus on delivering results and resolving day to day operational challenges
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and successfully lead projects/work teams
- Adaptable and flexible team player who is a champion of change
- Ability to work rotating shifts as required
- Willing to relocate to other manufacturing operations with our network for future career opportunities
Drives Engagement: creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
Courage: Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Being Resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer – centric solutions.
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic (including but not limited to Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran).