The Marketing Assistant position is considered a critical development role that prepares incumbents for potential advancement to the role of Marketing Specialist. As an entry-level role, this person has the opportunity to learn the principles and practices of both inbound and traditional marketing.
The Marketing Assistant helps execute/create and manage the work we do for clients’ (design, websites, copywriting and other). Some of the work is performed by the Marketing Assistant, and some is done by other teams in the agency and is managed by the Marketing Assistant through the workflow. This may include:
- Monitoring client requests; reacting appropriately, based on protocols; communicating needs/next steps with the internal client team and preparing the necessary files/assets
- Initiating marketing projects/project deliverables
- Managing specific project deliverables through the relevant agency departments (design, copywriting, web)
- Contributing to quality assurance efforts of every project deliverable
- Working with client’s team to manage files in the client portal