Area Manager - Crane & Rigging 1326
Fincantieri Marinette Marine, a Fincantieri Marine Group Company, is a progressive shipyard specializing in building ships for the United States Navy. We currently have an opportunity for a Area Manager - Crane & Rigging at our Marinette, Wisconsin location.
This position is responsible for the development, review, and management of the rigging and lifting program. As part of this effort the individual will be responsible for setting up and overseeing the Crane and Rigging Department as a whole. This person will be responsible for the expectations at all levels of the department, on multiple shifts, including developing training and certification programs of the rigging department and developing processes and procedures necessary to effectively and safely manage the movement of equipment and materials. This person will be responsible for the certification and inspection of handling equipment and cranes, ensuring budget and inspections are aligned to ensure necessary equipment is available to support workload.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following essential duties satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for all crane and rigging process and procedures for the yard.
- Responsible for all crane and rigging training per our processes and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for maintenance on all weight handling equipment in the yard; from straps to cranes.
- Central point for issuing operator license (Note: As we progress in our training, all licenses will have four signatures: Individual receiving the license, the certified trainer, the owner of the process/procedure, and the training manager. The training manager will be the central database manager for all training, and hence, licenses in the yard. His signature is verification the requirements are complete and are entered into the database).
- Develop and manage training and certifications of qualified riggers and supervisors
- Evaluation of risks to determine critical lift process and ensure that detailed lift plans are developed and controls are put in place to ensure critical lifts are effectively supervised
- Develop and manage inspections and certifications of equipment to ensure availability of equipment
- Ensure effective lines of communication between the Material group, Manufacturing, Engineering and Safety are established to define lifting requirements for critical and non-critical lifts/movements
- Able to focus on multiple tasks and make critical decisions
- Work with Engineering to develop/review/approve critical lift plans to include calculations for Center of Gravity, Weight Calculations, sling calculations, and conduct inspections of rigging equipment
- Expert in equipment and applications which include multiple crane lifts, load turning, load drifting with chain hoists, jacking and rolling using mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, incline plane and management of center-of-gravity in all three axes
- Conduct surveillance and auditing of program to ensure adherence and understanding of basic rigger practices are enforced and ensure accountability for adherence to program
- Act as senior investigator for any near miss or incidents involving rigging and ensure 8D corrective actions investigations are complete and actions are executed to prevent reoccurrence
- Able to conduct training on rigger/signalman for rigger hand signals
This position will have direct supervision of the manufacturing team members. Demonstrates leadership skills that align with the mission, vision, and values of the Company. Responsible for all rigging employees in company and validation of employee certifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified candidates must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and ten (10) years of shipyard, or heavy manufacturing industry experience.
- Five (5) years of management experience is required, supervising employees directly working with rigging tasks preferred.
- Master Rigger Certified or ability to gain certification required.
- An Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree is a plus.
- Experience with systems such as EVMS, Baan, or a Time and Attendance Timekeeping software is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret Fabrications Drawings and Specifications.
- Through understanding of OSHA rules and regulations related to Rigging and material handling
- Must have strong Technical skills and ability to read Engineering drawings.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to manage critical situations and high-risk items with focused attention to detail.
- Ownership and Accountability
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Business Discipline
- Sense of Urgency
- High Level of integrity
- Embrace Culture Change and Improvement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, climb; use hands to handle materials or equipment; reach with hands and arms; stoop and kneel; and talk or hear. The employee must lift and/or move heavy equipment or material.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee's work environment will be mostly in manufacturing production areas, workspace. Significant exposure to the moving equipment, elements, extreme conditions, or risk of injury. The noise level in the work environment will require hearing protection and safety PPE
May be required to work at heights and in extreme outdoor environment conditions
Fincantieri Marinette Marine (FMM) believes it is our responsibility to ensure that each of us works safely and productively, goes home healthy, and considers the environment in their actions, each and every day. Management is committed to providing a safe and healthy work setting, and protecting the environment as a key tenet of our culture and a primary mission. All employees are required to adhere to ISO and OHSAS policies established by FMM and shall have high values for safety awareness and be mindful of environmental impacts associated with each job task
Fincantieri Marinette Marine offers competitive pay with benefits in a growth-oriented environment. Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply. Apply online at https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/nghome.guid?c=2155013&d=FMGExternal&prc=RMPOD1&r=5000701343406
Fincantieri Marinette Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment. Minorities, Women, Veterans and Disabled are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.