Fabricator/Welder Green Bay
Fincantieri ACE Marine, a Fincantieri Marine Group Company, currently has an opportunity for an Aluminum Fabricator at the Green Bay, Wisconsin location.
Fincantieri ACE Marine is a state-of-the-art, climate-controlled aluminum construction facility. Purposely designed for assembly line manufacturing of aluminum vessels, the facility uses innovative modular construction techniques and component manufacturing. Efficiencies in production are achieved by allowing modules to be pre-outfitted to a very high degree while internal compartments are still very accessible.
The aluminum fabricator shall assemble (fit) small aluminum components/parts and completely weld out. A fabricator shall complete setup of welding equipment, IAW approved procedures and preparation of parts in accordance with cleanliness standards, specifications and standard work instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze engineering drawings to plan layout/assembly sequence of small weldments.
- Determine required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, welding techniques and standard procedures/processes provided by the company.
- Lay out, position, and secure parts according to specifications/drawings using straight edge, combination square, calipers and ruler.
- Cut aluminum plate/shapes using powered saws and hand shears.
- Weld or tack aluminum parts together using spot welding gun or FCAW equipment.
- Weld components in flat and vertical positions.
- Climb ladders or work on scaffolds to assemble components.
- Signal crane operator to move large work pieces.
- Dismantle aluminum assemblies or cuts scrap metal, using saws, routers or plasma-arc equipment.
- Position and secure parts using hoist, crane, wire and banding machine, or hand tools.
- Inspect grooves, angles, or gap allowances using micrometer, caliper and precision measuring instruments.
- Remove rough spots from work piece using portable sander, hand file or scraper.
- Develop templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Must abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A Weld Certificate from a technical school or two to three years of related welding experience and/or training is preferred.
- A general knowledge of blueprints and hand tools is required.
- Light gauge aluminum fabrication experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) of Aluminum is preferred.
- Ownership and Accountability
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Business Discipline
- Sense of Urgency
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend, squat and kneel frequently
- May be required to work in confined or enclosed spaces
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be U.S. Person status
- Fincantieri ACE Marine offers competitive pay with benefits to permanent employees in a growth-oriented environment.
Fincantieri ACE Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment. Minorities, Women, Veterans and Disabled are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.